What it takes to choose a domain name for your website or blog? Well, it takes nothing if you just want to have a website, but if you want to make a brand or want to be ahead in the age of internet marketing, then it takes a lot of thought and consideration.
As there is a very popular saying that- words have meaning and name have power, it becomes more and more important to choose the right domain name. Many people consider web designing as the first step to start your own website, but choosing the right domain name is equally and sometimes more important than designing part of it.
Though, it’s the hardest part of the site creation process, here we bring few tips that will help you to choose the right domain name for your website and blog:
- Be exciting, innovative and original when naming your website. Do your research and see who else is using that name or anything similar.
- Try to use your targeted keywords that must be relevant to your website niche.
- Don’t stick to one domain name provider website. Use several to find the best word combination for your domain name like godaddy.com and bigrock.com
- Find something that match your domain name and brand, so that it will be easier for your customer to find you over the world- wide- web.
- Forget to be clever or anything too complex and try to make it small as well.
- While choosing the domain name, don’t forget that extensions too matter like .com, .org, .net, etc. So, choose it wisely.
- Avoid hyphens and numbers in your domain name as these are often misunderstood.
- Remember, domain names sell very quickly these days. Fortunately, they are available inexpensive, so register your favorite domain name as soon as possible.